- Camelbak DayStar pack for Ann w/ 2 liter bladder
- This small pack is great for day hikes as the name implies and small enough as not to be a burden. Has enough room for a small camera, lunch, and a few other small things.
- Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Francis
- Great for carrying your camera and all of your photography gear but will not take the abuse of day after day hiking.
- Camelbak HAWG NV pack for Francis w/ 3 liter bladder
- When you need a lot of water, this pack is awesome. It also has padding on the back panel to allow for ventilation. Plenty of room to stash whatever you need. While intended for bikers, it works great for hiking also.
Bushnell Powerview Roof Prisms Binoculars 8x21mm
- Small and compact, these are perfect for getting a better view without carrying a large set of binoculars.
- Canon Powershot G10 for Ann
- Great for people who want good photos but don't want to purchase a D-SLR. It has many manual features to give you more options for custom photography.
- Canon Rebel Xti for Francis
- The D-SLR is a must for getting the most out of your photos. This one works well and the only downsides are that it lacks a video option and the view screen is a bit on the small side.
- Merrell Siren Sport for Ann
- I have heard for a long time Merrells were the way to go for hiking shoes. While they weren't comfortable right away for me, I have come to love them.
- Nunn Bush All Terrain Telluride for Francis
- Comfortable right out of the box, these are proving to be good shoes.